The Scott County Youth Grantmaking Council (?YGC?), a program of the Scott County Community Foundation, awarded $7,750 in grants to youth-related projects in the community. The YGC honored grant recipients at their annual celebration on June 3.
- Austin Band Parents? Group was awarded $550 to provide instruments for beginning band students in need.
- Austin Middle and High School was awarded $1,000 for ?Life Skills in the Community.? Teacher Lee Anne Hahn will take her students on restaurant outings to help teach life and social skills.
- Bree?s Blessings received $1,000 for ?Crafty Corner.? They will provide pediatric cancer patients with digital workshops on art and music activities.
- EMPOWER of Scott County received $500 for their ?Building Resiliency in Scott County Youth? project. They will host a town hall and an Amazing Race competition.
- Englishton Park was awarded $500 to provide clothes for campers at their summer camp remediation program.
- Grace Christian Academy received $200 for their ?Turn Off the Technology ? Turn On the Brain? project. They purchased games to engage their brains during indoor recess.
- Historic Preservation Society of Scottsburg received $500 for their summer children?s movie series.
- Johnson Elementary School was awarded $500 to provide incentives for their HERO positive behavior incentive program.
- Ohio Valley Opportunities ? Head Start Scottsburg was awarded $1,000 for a preschool greenhouse project where children can engage in hands-on learning experiences growing and eating produce.
- Still Water Individual and Family Therapy Services was awarded $1,000 for their youth mental health treatment scholarship fund.
- The Refuge for Children was awarded $500 to purchase items for their game room.
- United Way of Scott County received $500 for the Dolly Parton Imagination Library initiative, which provides free books for children from birth through age five.
?It is an honor to be able to grant money to so many wonderful organizations this year,? said Grants Committee co-chair Lyla Waskom. ?I cannot wait to see all of the wonderful things these organizations do for the youth of Scott County.?
Photos of the grant recipients can be viewed on the YGC?s Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/scottcountyygc. For more information on the YGC, please call 812-752-2057, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.www.scottcountyfoundation.org.